Tuesday, February 23, 2010

where am i

I'm in this strange place. Its a place where I know the characters of Sesame Street better than I know the characters from my prime time tv. Its a place where nothing in my house is safe and it doesn't even matter to me. I can't tell you the last time I dusted or thought that dusting even mattered (scary, i know). There are piles of laundry to do today, but Rowen really wants to play so the laundry will wait one more day. I walk into target and forget about what I really went for and head straight for kid section or the toy section and all my shopping revolves around Carters or Gymboree or the grocery store. Greg has now started writing notes for me to remember when HE needs at the store. Here is my question:

1. Am I always gonna be like this?

I had about a day and a half where I was thinking I was getting parts of myself back, the crafty creative part that can multi-task. Where did I go?
Please don't get me wrong, I love being a mom. I love being home...most days. I read all those books that tell you how amazing it is to stay home...how much joy there is and I believe that...most of the time. It seems they left out the part that some days will be bad. Some days you will want to run away! I can't believe that I am alone in this, RIGHT? or am I?

I am really trying to get out of this slump. I guess it doesn't help that 1. it's winter and 2. i cant really go anywhere (doctors orders). I have to keep my feet up most of the day. How is anyone able to do that with an 18 month-old?

OK. I'm done with the pity party.

1 comment:

barden photography said...

i think we are a little unhappy wherever we are - i would give anything to have what you have!