Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This is my dearest Maeve in her sweet condo.... she is baking in the sun right now. Her bilirubin levels are still a little high. She is a roller for sure! I love her little sunglasses. And you really can't tell from the picture but she has a TON of hair. I am pretty sure she has more than Rowen.
She is so sweet. I got to hold her for the first time today and you'll see that in one of the photos. She also started eating...finally! She is up to 10cc's which is like a 3rd of an ounce. The mamma has been pumping like crazy for her and not to toot my own horn....but today in one sitting i pumped 5 ounces!!!!! With Rowen after 4 weeks I couldn't get that much. How good it feels to be helping this little girl! She now weighs 5 pounds 12 ounces which is not bad at all. Babies always lose in the first couple of days. Ahhh....the moment I had been waiting for!
And this was Rowen's response when we told her she was a big sister now!!!!!!!!!
Oh how I love these two little girls!

Maeve is off her CPAP and not just on a nasal cannula that is set very low so she is receiving very little support which is encouraging. For the past two days she has taken a bottle for almost every feeding with no alarms!!! I think twice a day they give her a break and tube feed (i am SO ok with that, simply because then she wont tire so much). She still has aways to go. The doctors have given us an estimate of mid-May as to when she might come home. It could be sooner or later. It all depends on her. We just want her healthy and able to do the things she would do if she were full-term.

I think that may be all....I might go take a quick nap before Rowen wakes up.

1 comment:

vfg said...

Sheesh.
She was going to be a BIG girl full term.

And yes, you are a breastfeeding champion so far!

So pretty & mighty fantastic photo of your Rowan, too.