Monday, April 19, 2010

Maeve Amelia Herb

Maeve was born on April 16, 2010 @ 12:54 am. She was 34 weeks 1 day. Yah! for Maeve.

Just a short update because Maeve has not yet come home from the hospital so we are doing A LOT of running back and forth to Harrisburg. The 'De ja vu' sensation is overwhelming..."oh wait, I have done this before". Grr....

She was 6 pounds 2.8 ounces and 18 inches long. She beat out her sister by a whole 2 pounds. YET....

Will still have an extended 'vaca' in a beautiful condo decorated with all the frills a girl could want. How can you miss someone so much that you just met???
She is breathing entirely on her own, but just too fast so she is hooked up to a CPAP. Which, with my GREAT medical knowledge, is... a tube of forced oxygen put into her nose to keep her lungs open so she doesn't have to work as hard to breathe at a normal pace.

She has jet black hair???? and not nearly as fair as miss Rowen and I are which excites me greatly. She will be able to tolerate the sun much better than we do. She is beautiful. And I wish I had pictures... It's on my 'to-do' list today. BUY CAMERA! Through all of this: Rowen is loving every minute she spends with her family. Her Nana & Pappa came down from the North to stay and play for a couple more days. My sister flew in from Maine last night with her clan in tow. Can I tell you how much I love my family!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More updates later. Headed out to spend the day with my daughters! *oh that sounds good*

1 comment:

vfg said...

Congratulations on a safe passage.

And ay! I bet you're feeling, "AGAIN!?"

No wisdom about that to share, just thought it was worth recognizing. I hear you!

I love the name very much.

BUY THAT CAMERA!
I was just looking at Reuben's birth month photos last week and bemoaning I didn't take more/better/some with me that were thoughtful, not just snapped--meaning me looking crazy or half-dressed.