Saturday, March 13, 2010

the giving tree

Have you read this?

* i have about a billion times. i love it. the first time i ever read it was Christmas 1987. A Christmas elf left it for my brothers and sister and i. the inscription on the inside was insightful and inspiring. of course it was...an ELF left it! the second time i read it was in 8th grade as an assignment. maybe that's when it left the imprint. either way, its a great book. you should read it and re-read it. sometimes i forget to be so grateful for all the wonderful things and people in my life who are so 'GIVING' to me.

so here's to the people who:

- gave me their shoulder to cry on when things are tough

- gave me their time when they didnt have any of their own

- gave me a home cooked meal when i was too tired

- gave me a smile when i didnt think i deserved one

- gave thier friendship, their love and their support when ever needed

........thank you.

No comments: