Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lovely Things

We 'marshed' in our fireplace over the holidays!

Over the past year or two I feel like I have warped into this 'other' person. I talk about it like its a bad thing. It's so not! I love being a mother to my adorable little Rowen and wife to crazy man, Greg. I feel like I have touched on this before too, I lost parts of myself in all of these roles that claim me. This morning while Rowen is taking her nap I decided that instead of doing dishes or laundry or things I always feel NEED to be done (like unpacking our LIFE from the garage), I would stop and do something for myself. So....I made a list of all the things I love and that make me...ME (just a reminder to myself that I am still here maybe just burried underneath some layers).


*Marshing (anytime of year)
*Scrap-booking (the old fashioned way)
*Sewing: i used to sew ALL the time.
* At one point I was crafty, I am wondering where my craftiness went. Did it run away when I had Rowen? Will it come back after this baby?
* I love Vern Yip (HGTV)
*Colorado
*the wilderness
*quiet (sometimes)
*spending time with friends (jobs, babies, miles, and school have some how made it that much harder to schedule play dates with just my girls
*I love meeting new people but that would mean I would need to get out more on my own and I have not wrestled with the idea of putting Rowen in child care even if it were for a day (I think I am insane!
*I love nights when it snows (makes my soul feel good)
*cafes (hardly any good ones around here)
* I miss finding peace in the simple things (but I am learning to get back to that)
__________________

looking forward to more 'little moments' with BIG meaning.
looking forward to less 'social' relationships and more REAL connections.
***looking forward to finding ONE (1) good cafe

No comments: